Learn more at the XO2® Blog...
XO2® Blockbuster is a state of the art, ultra tough water based polymer floor sealer for indoor use. It achieves unequalled durability and optimal protection against high traffic and heavy wear. XO2® Blockbuster is safe, user friendly and fast to apply with easy maintenance and an impressive ‘smack in the face’ shine! Your floor will shine immediately after application even if you don't buff.
XO2® Blockbuster’s ultra high solids formula is ideal for in-house cleaning departments and contractors alike. It responds extremely well to a regular buffing regime and it also maintains a very healthy shine in low maintenance situations.
Where to use.
XO2® Blockbuster is suitable on indoor surfaces including…
• Epoxy (on top of)
XO2® Blockbuster requires a base coat like XO2® Tough Shield to be applied prior to application on some porous surfaces such as marble, terrazzo, slate, granite, concrete and other natural stone.
• Hotels, Casinos, Resorts, Apartments, Motel.
• Schools, Universities, Colleges, Child Care Centres.
• Workplaces, Offices, Warehouses, Manufacturing.
• Hospitals, Aged Care Centres, Medical Clinics.
• Supermarkets, Shopping Centres, Retail Shops, Showrooms.
• Community Centres, Clubs, Halls, Residential Homes.
• Guest rooms, classrooms, offices, hallways.
• Foyers, receptions, lifts, stairwells, gyms, showrooms.
• Function centres, restaurants, cafes, pubs, lunchrooms.
Where not to use XO2® Blockbuster…
XO2® Blockbuster is not suitable for sealing ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, glazed tiles, some non-porous surfaces and some surfaces with certain existing topical sealers.
How to use.
1. Test first. All surfaces are different. Allow 24 hours curing time before assessing the sample area for suitability.
2. Prepare the surface. Dust mop or vacuum the surface. If required, strip any existing surface coatings with Naughty & Nice floor stripper (for stripping water based floor sealers), or scrub/cut back the surfaces with a product like Too Easy or Bonza. Ensure the surface is completely 100% dry, clean and free of any contamination, chemical, dust or residue. Any stains or soiling should be removed using a suitable process prior to sealing. Buff the surface, then dust mop the surface ready for the first coat.
3. Apply 3-6 coats undiluted, lightly (very thinly) and evenly to the surface using either a microfibre flat mop or poly cotton mop. Apply your coats in a figure eight motion making sure every part of the surface is covered evenly. For porous surfaces apply 2-3 coats of a base coat followed by 3-4 coats of Blockbuster for a high gloss finish. Wait for the surface to be completely dry before applying the next coat. For best results do not buff or scrub the floor for a minimum of 24 hours after application.
• Final buffing is not required as Blockbuster will shine off the mop.
• To avoid the risk of contamination, discard your applicator/mop after every job.
• Cleaning up of other accessories can be done via a scourer and water. Ensure you comply with all local council regulations.
• Always test first in an inconspicuous area before using any cleaning solution. Play it safe, especially when you use a product for the first time. Better to be safe than sorry. Some surfaces can be sensitive to moisture and particular chemical types.
Coverage will depend on the texture and porosity of the surface. As you build coats, your coverage will increase (the floor sealer will go further). Coverage rates are usually between 25-70Mt² per litre per coat (average coverage rate on a non-porous surface is approximately 55Mt² per litre). For commercial floors, it is recommended to apply 3-6 coats of Blockbuster. For porous surfaces like natural stone, concrete, terracotta and sandstone, 2-3 coats of a base coat sealer is required prior to the application of Blockbuster.
Allow a minimum of 45 to 60+ minutes drying time between coats in normal weather conditions. Drying times will depend on airflow, climate, temperature, humidity, surface texture etc. Longer periods of time may be required in certain circumstances. The use of fans, air movers, dehumidifiers and air conditioners will speed up the drying process but remember to turn them off during application. Never apply another coat before the surface is completely 100% tack free and dry.
Blockbuster's slip resistance is exceptional in the indoor water based floor sealer classification. Slip testing shows that it exceeds the minimum requirement for the coefficient of friction of 0.4 in dry conditions (AS/NZ 4586:2004). Regular independent slip testing is essential to monitor the ongoing floor maintenance program. XO2 give no guarantees for the final or ongoing slip co-efficient results. Actual slip resistance will vary depending on the type of floor, surface preparation, method of application, amount of traffic, quality of daily maintenance and the type of cleaning chemicals and equipment used. For superior slip resistance results, use a floor maintainer like Clean, Grip & Shine, which contains anti-slip waxes once or twice a week between regular cleans.