Have you ever heard the saying, “A poor man pays twice”? This can be the case when low quality entrance mats are used for busy facilities. Many clients come to XO2 because the cheaper variety needs to be replaced with a higher quality mat that performs and lasts.
Ineffective, low quality entrance mats are a waste of money. You’d be better of putting the money in the bank than buying one. Many floor mats on the market today wear out quickly and don’t effectively hold dirt or moisture. So beware!
Why a quality floor mat is important
Effective entrance mats are designed to stop dust, debris, and grime and moisture from entering a facility. By doing this the premise will benefit from:
● Improved appearance and hygiene standards.
● Reduced wear and tear of floor surfaces, reduced gloss reduction of floor sealers.
● Reduced risk of slip, trip, and fall accidents.
● Reduced cleaning and labour costs that delivers increased profits.
● Improved safety for visitors.
Choose the perfect entrance mat
Here’s how you can spot the right mat for your work space:
1. Made from quality materials that can endure a high number of visitors.
2. High and low points in a pattern that scrapes the dirt and holds the moisture from the feet of the visitors.
3. Is big enough for each foot to touch the mat 3-5 times. This can be a standard mat or a custom-sized mat, depending on the area.
4. Edged on all 4 sides (unless it’s in a matting well), with heavy duty edging that does not create a tripping hazard.
5. Usually a darker colour so that the dirt is not visible.
6. Easy to clean.
7. Lays flat and does not slip across smooth floor surfaces.
8. Can handle wet conditions, especially rainy days.
Some entrance floor mats look good but don’t perform, especially carpet-type mats with no dirt scraping or moisture holding ability. This is one kind you want to avoid.
If you’re looking for advice on the specific type and size of entrance mats that’s right for your facility, give the XO2 team a call today on 1300 123 499, or visit the XO2 entrance floor matting online store page.