Learn more at the XO2® Cleaning Blog
XO2® Double Whammy turns a good carpet cleaner into a great one. It gets the stains out that others leave behind. We call this process specialty stain removal, you can charge your clients extra for it or include it in your regular fee. XO2® Double Whammy is a powerful, 2 part stain removal system that removes what many describe as ‘impossible to remove’ stains like red cordial, cough mixture, wine, soft drink, vomit, berry, urine, some dyes and much more. This revolutionary system allows the controlled use of activated hydrogen peroxide which produces radical strength stain removal qualities that works quickly and easily.
Where to use.
XO2® Double Whammy is highly effective in the removal of stains on carpet upholstery and rugs that won’t move with any other stain remover. These stains include…
Tea and tannin, Coffee, Fruit juice, Red drinks, Urine, Mustard, Berry, Red wine, Dyes, Soft drink, Medicines, Vomit, Cough syrup, Betadine, Powerade and Gatorade, Curry, Coke and colas, Blood, Cordial, Soy sauce, Ribena, Mercurochrome, Pet stains, Jam, Sauce AND MORE!
• Hotels, Casinos, Resorts, Apartments, Motels, Holiday Parks.
• Schools, Universities, Colleges, Child Care Centres.
• Workplaces, Offices, Showrooms, Retail Stores.
• Hospitals, Aged Care Centres, Medical Clinics.
• Function Centres, Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs.
XO2® Double Whammy is safe to use on all commercial or residential colourfast synthetic carpets including polypropylene, polyester and nylon. It should always be pretested on surfaces before use. Do not use on silk or fine fabrics.
How to Use
Carpet and upholstery spotting
1. Test on a small inconspicuous area first to ensure suitability of product on the surface.
2. Remove (sponge or scrape) any debris or excess stain deposits. The longer stains are left, the harder they are to remove.
3. Rinse and extract with a portable carpet cleaning machine using a pre-spray detergent. Plush (Carpet and upholstery rinse, softener & cleaner) should always be added to the solution tank water.
4. In the mixing bottle. Mix equal parts of Part A & B. Apply the mixed solution directly to the stain. Agitate gently with a blunt tool like a bone scraper.
6. Be patient. Allow time for stains to respond. Some stains will respond quickly in 5-10 minutes. Others will take 15-30 minutes or even longer. You can cover the treated area with plastic to ensure slow drying which allows the product to remain active for longer.
7. Rinse and extract with a portable carpet cleaning machine using a pre-spray detergent. Plush (Carpet and upholstery rinse, softener & cleaner) should always be added to the solution tank water. If a machine is unavailable you can blot away with a damp clean white towel and then neutralise with Houdini stain remover or Aussie Encappa. Blot away again with another damp white towel to remove all chemical and stain residue.
8. Repeat or adjust process if necessary only when the product has been effective on the first try.
9. Discard all unused mixed solution.
Heavy duty stain removal with the advanced heat transfer method
*Important: Applying heat will speed up the stain removal process. It will also increase the risk of bleaching and damage to some fibres. When using heat, apply heat sparingly, using the lowest temperature setting.
To use heat, follow the normal directions for use. If the stain has not removed after the allowed dwell time, apply more solution. Then set a clothes iron on its lowest heat setting. Place
• Attend to spots and spills as soon as possible. Fresh spots are significantly easier to remove. Stains that are left too long can become permanent. Using the wrong product can also set the stain or permanently damage the fibre.
• Do your stain removal working from the outside of larger stains to the inside. This prevents the stain from spreading.
Will Double Whammy remove every stain?
There is not one product that removes all carpet stains. This product is part of a complete professional stain removal system. It is important to familiarise yourself with the different products and how each of them work for the best result.
Understanding Double Whammy a little better.
• Always discard any unused mixed Double Whammy solution. Never put a sealed lid on a bottle with mixed solution.
• Some fabrics and delicate fibres may experience colour loss. Always pre-test before use to ensure no damage is done. Do not use on silk.
• Very rarely will any stain removal system resolve staining problems on carpets fibres and fabrics that are permanently damaged and discoloured.
• If no improvement is seen with Double Whammy, you should class the stain as permanent damage and contact a trained carpet repairer or carpet dying professional.
• Double Whammy should be stored in a dry, cool place out of direct sunlight as it is sensitive to heat and light. If you are storing it in a van for lengthy periods, we recommend you replace your kit every 4 weeks for the best stain removal results.