Learn more at the XO2® Cleaning Blog...
XO2® Protect is a specially prepared sanitizer for use in food preparation areas such as institutional kitchens, catering establishments, commercial kitchens, butcheries, cafes and restaurants. It is based on Quaternary Ammonium Compound which provides effective microbiocidal activity at recommended dilutions whilst imparting no taste or tainting of food. XO2® Protect is designed to protect your food areas from making people sick and give you peace of mind.
Where to use.
XO2® Protect is a hygienic sanitiser designed for use wherever food is manufactured, prepared or served.
• Hotels, Casinos, Resorts, Apartments, Motels, Holiday Parks.
• Schools, Universities, Colleges, Child Care Centres.
• Workplaces, Manufacturing Plants.
• Hospitals, Aged Care Centres.
• Commercial kitchens and food manufacturing- Ideal for sanitising equipment, counters, floors and hard surfaces.
• Restaurants, canteens and lunchrooms - Excellent for sanitising tables, chairs, benches, walls and floors.
Suitable on surfaces such as plastic, metal, stainless steel, ceramic, glass, enamel, laminate, timber, vinyl, painted surfaces, porcelain, epoxy/sealed surfaces, tiles, cutting boards and most washable surfaces.
How to use.
No Rinse Surface Sanitising
1. Remove all foodstuff and packaging from the area.
2. Clean surfaces and equipment to be sanitized thoroughly and allow to dry. Ensure that the surfaces have been rinsed thoroughly and are free of detergent residue.
3. Dilute with water as per instructions and according to the application you wish to use.
4. Apply solution to the area and/or equipment to be sanitised (e.g. bench, floor, tub, cutting board, freezer, plate, bowl, utensil, equipment) using a cloth, spray bottle, bucket, dipping tub or spraying system.
5. Do not rinse. Allow to dry and/or dwell overnight.
6. No rinsing required once dry, then proceed with food preparation.
Sink Dishwash Final Rinse Sanitiser
1. Clean and rinse the item(s) to be sanitized thoroughly and allow to dry.
2. Add Protect no rinse sanitiser to the separate, final rinse water sink or tub.
3. Test with micro quat paper to ensure correct Quat level.
4. Totally immerse and soak pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, cutting boards and utensils for at least 10 minutes.
5. Do not rinse. Allow to dry.
6. Proceed with food preparation.
• When manually filling bottles, buckets or tanks, add the water first and chemical last to prevent foaming and splashes.
• For best results use freshly diluted cleaning solutions.
Quaternary Ammonium Compound levels
At a dilution rate of 50:1 Protect will achieve 200ppm of Quaternary Ammonium Compound. Dilutions of up to 500:1 can be used and will be effective at sanitising. Should you require a precise quat level (ppm), test with micro quat paper to ensure your diluted solution is correct.
Q & A.
Can I use XO2® Protect as a cleaner and a sanitiser?
Yes, but XO2® Protect has been designed as a specialty sanitiser. XO2® Cleansan is designed to be a multi-purpose cleaner and a sanitizer for food areas and will be most effective for removing grease, grime, oils and food spills. A professional and hygienic food area will use both XO2® Protect and XO2® Cleansan as part of an effective cleaning plan.
When does XO2® Protect need to be rinsed from a surface?
If using XO2® Protect at the recommended dilutions you do not need to rinse the surface. If you choose to use XO2® Protect at a dilution stronger than 50:1 (more chemical, less water) you will need to rinse all surfaces with potable water to remove residues of solution prior to commencing operations.