Cleaning a window without washing it first with a high-quality detergent is like a man shaving his face with just water. Using a professional window washing detergent, like Squeegee Wash, should be your first choice. It not only removes and suspends dirt, grime and grease but also enables the squeegee to glide across the glass. You don’t need much detergent so it’s a safe and cost effective choice.
The key is to not use too much detergent.
You’re not washing the dishes or cleaning greasy pots and pans. One very small squirt in half a window cleaning bucket of water should do the trick. The solution should feel slightly slippery between your fingers. That’s when you know you’ve got the mix right and your ready to start applying the detergent to the glass with your window washer. Always add water to your bucket first then add the detergent last.
You don’t want lots of foam and bubbles.
Excessive foam is a sign that you might have used too much detergent or used the wrong type of detergent. Too much detergent can cause streaks, bleeding from the frames, and faster accumulation of dirt and grime on the glass surface. Windows stay cleaner for longer when the right amount of window washing detergent is used.
A perfect window clean is not just about the detergent you use… of course! Your window washer and window squeegee techniques are crucial to the final result but the detergent makes a great result possible.
Using the right window washing detergent at the right dilution has many benefits. Your window cleaning will be easier, faster and deliver better streak free results. Your clean windows will also stay cleaner for longer and that means happy customers.
Have you got any more ideas about using window washing detergents? Get in touch with your tips and experiences. We’re always looking for better ways to clean windows without streaks.
Feel free to call our customer care team on 1300 123 499, if you require any help or advice on window cleaning detergents or equipment. For more information you can also check out XO2's range of window cleaning equipment online.
Happy window washing!
- How To Use A Window Scraper On Glass And Avoid Expensive Scratches
- How To Remove Hard Water Mineral Stains On Windows & Glass
- How To Use A Window Squeegee Like A Pro
- How To Use A Large Window Squeegee On Glass
- Clean Windows Like A Professional With These 7 Essentials Items
- How To Hold A Window Squeegee Like An Expert
- How To Eliminate Streaks When Cleaning Windows With A Squeegee
- How To Look After And Store Your Window Cleaning Equipment
- Are You Making These 5 Mistakes When Cleaning With A Window Squeegee?
- How To Clean Difficult Windows And Glass In An Instant
- How To Wash Or Scrub Glass Windows
- The Expert Window Cleaning Extension Pole Guide
- 8 Simple Steps To Clean Windows Like A Professional